Thursday, July 12, 2007

Week 9, Thing # 21: Podcasts

I have listened to numerous podcasts on my home PC. Most have been from NPR (I may have heard a bit of a story driving home, etc.) and I went back to listen to the entire broadcast. One I particularly liked was an interview with Marcus Zuzak as he talked about "The Book Thief". I did some searches on Yahoo Podcasts under "education", and found one called "childrensbookradio" and a BritLit podcast.

I did, however, go to the trusty NPR Podcast Directory.

I found it really, really easy to use. I liked it alot more than the other podcast directories. I signed up for several podcasts on my bloglines account: NPR Book Tour, and NPR Movies.

In honor of my daughter living in London, I checked out BBC Radio 4.

There was a podcast presentation by author Michael Morpugo exploring a thousand years of British childhood called "The Invention of Childhood."I had read about it during my "Newbery Year", and didn't have time to listen to the 30 part series. Unfortunately, it is not archived. I sent an inquriy to BBC Radio 4, so we shall see. In any case, there are lots of interesting shows available from BBC Radio 4.

I think that I will use my new MP3 player to download some of these interesting podcasts! (I don't currently have one, so this might be one of my first uses of the new toy!

1 comment:

prolificwriter said...

Hi,

This is Jody Weissler of http://childrensbookradio.com
I am glad you found our podcast.
If you go to our site you will see that we have several great author interviews to listen to.

Thanks for mentioning us.