Sunday, July 8, 2007

Week 8, Thing # 18: Zoho Writer


I decided to investigate Zoho Writer because I was a bit familiar with Google Docs. I am trying out the background colors functionality.  It is pretty cool. It is also easy to change the size of the font, and the styles as well. This type face is Garamond, the same typeface used in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". I am reading it to be poised for the last book which is due to arrive on July 21. I have the regular edition and the deluxe slipcover edition on order with Amazon.

 

I can't believe ALL of the options in the tool bar. laughing I am trying to use a bunch of them in this post. I was very impressed with the Zoho Writer Templates, found in the Template Library. One can choose from over 50 templates, ranging from a resume cover or speech outline to a hotel nutrition log or charity concert ticket template.

 

I think that this is a terrific resource for people to know about. Think about our patrons who do not have access to software packages. It would also be really useful for collaborative work (could use this instead of the HCPL "L" drive when working on committee reports, etc.). And, wonders of wonders, I can STILL use this "app" to add my requisite squirrel picture! wink

 

 

I am going to try and post this to my blog. I am going to use the instructions in the FAQ. I will certainly use this resource again, as there is so much to learn (just check out the FAQ section).

 

 

No comments: