Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Week 5, Thing #11: LibraryThing



LibraryThing is a cool resource-not only a way to organize and catalog one's own books, but a sort of social networking site for bibliophiles. (As some descriptive narrative states, a "myspace for books". The list of Groups on LibraryThing is immense! The groups form a virtual community of book lovers, providing opportunity for book discussion, and readers advisory. I checked the Historical Fiction group, and got some good ideas to add to my "to be read" list. The site has over 227,672 members.

I added my library to this post, but also added a "blog widget". I like how this looks much better, and it is always available for visitors to my blog.

I visited the LibraryThing Blog, and there were bloggers posting from ALA!
The posted linked to a site called the BIGWIG Social Software Showcase, an "unconference" at ALA. Lots of cutting edge Library 2.0 stuff!

http://showcase.litablog.org/index.php/Main_Page

Check out the site!

No comments: