Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 4, Thing # 8: RSS Feeds and Bloglines

This squirrel has set up his own "feed"! In any case, the tutorials were really helpful. I liked the idea of getting information without spam, and the ability (as one tutorial mentioned) "to choose what information you want, and to decide where, when, and how to receive it". I want to explore some of the diretories of feeds (Syndic8 or completerss) and add more to my bloglines account. My only concern is being able to find time to go and read all the interesting blogs and feeds that I have chosen. I added "The Onion", and my husband already told me (he reads it religiously) that there is a really hilarious Harry Potter article. I may have to read my bloglines at home! I can see setting up a bloglines account for "hot" homework assignments to get authoritative current event sources for students. My public URL is the following:

http://www.bloglines.com/public/Squirrels

No comments: