Friday, June 8, 2007

Squirrels and Library 2.0?


As you can tell by the name of this blog, squirrels rank very high on my list. My nickname is "Squirrel" (a long story), and I have a bird feeder attached to my office window that is really a squirrel feeder. I watch the squirrels climb in the feeder every day, and they watch me. I suppose they know that they have found a kindred spirit. Seriously, squirrels are a good mascot for me as I begin the Library 2.0 journey. The use of technology does not come naturally to me. I recognize the importance, and the applications, but need motivation to teach myself. I feel that pondering the attributes of squirrels will provide motivation. Have you ever seen the problem solving, innovation, flexibility, adaptabiltiy, and "stick-to-it-ness" that squirrels exhibit as they approach the problem of bird feeders? They do not take "no" for an answer. They never think, "I can't do this". Problems, for them, are merely challenges to overcome, just as they are for Highly Successful Lifelong Learners (I'll talk more in a later posting).


No comments: