Friday, June 8, 2007

Week 1, Thing # 1: About this Program


The idea of Library 2.0 is so much clearer after seeing the HCPL Technology Fair, and hearing fellow staff members teach us "what they know". I think that we are very lucky to have this opportunity to learn about Web 2.0 technologies, and I am excited to try and figure out ways to apply what I am going to learn to "real life" work. I am already thinking of new ways to do collection plans...(no one panic yet!) This self-directed training will also allow me to experiment, play, and try out new technology with many safety nets. After all, the idea is collaborative learning and sharing. I think that it is vitally important that we stay current with technology and the new applications and opportunities that these technologies provide. This entire project seems a great way to learn.


No comments: